I opened with 17 quick slides on free water clearance. These slides are old and I think I could do better. Definitely due for an update.
|Download the slides here.|
- mannitol as a cause of an osmolar gap and pseudohyponatremia
- glycine induced pseudohyponatremia
- a bit of data on rapid correction of sodium by hemodialysis
- exercise induced hyponatremia
- use of FeNa and FeUrea and FeUric acid to distinguish between salt depletion and SIADH
|download the slides here|
It was a fun lecture and everyone participated in a casual and interactive freewheeling learning session. Great stuff.